“And suddenly you know: It’s time to start something new and trust the magic of beginnings.” Meister Eckhart
I shared this post on our Mind Superheroes facebook page yesterday.
I was delighted to receive quite a few private messages. A few friends and associates texted to say how the post inspired them to start new projects!
It was the first proper day back to work for me yesterday. I had a few scheduled calls with clients and my business community.
In every conversation, I sensed ‘HOPE’ for a new beginning. The new year does that to us. We get a new lease of life! We get a chance to start over and become WHO WE WANT TO BE.
Although it was the first day of homeschooling for children in England. There was intent in making this year a brilliant one by their parents. I love the community I’m a part of. No matter how tough times get, we still remain optimistic. We look for what we have and what is in our power to do to thrive. We support and champion each other.
This is the beauty of surrounding ourselves with people who inspire us, not those who drain us.
One thing if for sure…
It’s been tough for most of us to have had some of our liberties removed by the events of the recent months. But our freedom will never be stripped away from us without our consent. We
- are still in charge of our lives in how we respond to each event.
- have full control over our thoughts and therefore our actions.
- can choose our spoken words carefully. Because we know they have a direct effect on how we will feel and how we strive for results.
As always, investing in our physical and emotional well-being is key to keeping a positive mental health. Whatever that looks for you.
For me, that will include:
- Staying connected with my optimistic community.
- Sharing laughs, cuddles, kindness and loving gestures with mini me and the rest of the family on video calls.
- Journaling the small, steady actions I’m getting to the habit of owning.
- Taking my daily walks even more so, when it looks miserable out there and I don’t feel like doing it.
- Listening to music to lift my mood and mummy dancing around the kitchen
- Keeping hydrated.
- Having a healthy diet with a sprinkling of cake to keep me sweet
- And what never fails me! Read, listen and invest in personal development
NOW is a brilliant time to trust the magic of new beginnings
- Take stock of what you’ve achieved in the last year and be sure to celebrate your wins.
- IMAGINE where you would like to be in life and work at the end of 2021.
- WRITE a letter to your future self and take yourself through that journey.
- MAKE building small, consistent habits your new norm.
You’d be surprised at the magic that’ll unfold at the end of the year.
What are your plans for the upcoming year? It is your birthright to create a life of your choosing.
Reach out if you’re feeling a little wobbly and need listening ears.
Love and strong coffee